Pages


Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ceramic Apple Bowls





Ceramic Apple Bowls

I'm preparing some apple-inspired pieces for a fall wedding. These should be just right for holding caramels.
They're about 7 inches wide and slightly curved up along the edge. I rolled my slab about 1/4 thick and used a variety of items to make impressions. Then I cut out the apple shape and slightly raised the edges, using a long twisted rope of paper towelling for support. Once fired I applied dark brown glaze, wiped it off so it remained only in the recesses, and loosely dry-brushed some red and green glaze on top and popped it in the cooker for the final glaze firing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment/inquiry. I moderate comments before posting them. If you have an inquiry that requires a response please include your email address (I do not post inquiries or your email address).