Pages


Saturday, February 23, 2013

The COLORS of WINTER

Looking out my window, I wonder if spring will ever return. It's been a long, cold winter and we just got another downfall. Not a bad view, despite the cold. And the sound of snow is so QUIET. If you don't live in the north, you can't really understand how quiet the world becomes when winter blankets the earth with a fresh layer of the white stuff. I love the quiet. In a couple of days it will be gray and full of animal and people prints. The quiet will be replaced by the splishing-splashing of cars navigating a salted road.
 A closer look.
 Closer.
 Somehow, when I wasn't paying attention, the Witch Hazel bloomed.
 The birds have left a few barberries on the bush.
 Maybe winter isn't all that bad, afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment/inquiry. I moderate comments before posting them. If you have an inquiry that requires a response please include your email address (I do not post inquiries or your email address).