Pages


Thursday, January 3, 2013

50's Vintage Style

Vintage Design

I've always loved vintage designs, especially those from the 50's. Teacups, aprons, baking cookies....just thinking about it gives me the warm fuzzies.
The styles worn by the era's most elegant ladies are captivating. Have you ever watched a film made in the 50's and noticed how ridiculously tiny the waistlines are? Impossibly small! I can only imagine how tightly those ladies were packed into girdles. I recall my own mother wearing one. Today's SPANKS couldn't hold a candle to the holding power of 50's era girdle!
After looking through some old sewing patterns I came up with this idea for an acrylic painting. It was so much fun to create I think I will work on a whole series!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment/inquiry. I moderate comments before posting them. If you have an inquiry that requires a response please include your email address (I do not post inquiries or your email address).